progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#483 by david williams
Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:02 am
After 3 or 4 executions on the modify toolbar, a stretch command a copy command etc my software freezes. It will not restart until I hit the esc key.
Any suggestions?
#484 by caddit
Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:36 am
Did you try to "restore toolbars and configuration" to see if that helps? Also it might be a problem file. Does your difficulty occur with new blank drawings as well? We might need you to email one example to:

So that we can see your configuration, etc.

Are you running Vista?

What kind of mouse, what kind of RAM do you have? You are not running progeCAD inside some kind of unsupported emulation like MAC OSX Parallels or Linux are you?

#533 by david williams
Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:15 am
I have restored toolbars without any success. I'm running progeCAD on a PC with XP Professional, 4Gb of ram and the intel core 2 duo processor @ 2.66Ghz.

I have also tried starting a new drawing but after a few commands it still freezes. Anything else you can do to help would be appreciaited. Please send me an email address and I'll forward you an example drawing.
#538 by scanf
Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:27 am
Please have a look at some of the other questions CADDIT asked in the previous post. More information is better than less.

The email address to send example drawing is also shown in previous post.

Thank you.
#566 by caddit
Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:18 am
Hi david williams,

Thank you for the file. We tested it in the lab and had a few erratic problem when editing it as well and suggest that your problems may well have something to do with an old bug in progeCAD AutoCAD compatibility combined with something unusual in your drawing (progeCAD does complain about the hatching used in your drawing, I am unsure if this is somehow related in the background of your problem).

We released a stability-fix update for progeCAD Professional 2009 this week.

progeCAD 9.0.20.2 is the current version ATM. 2009 users of progeCAD should be notified and upgraded automatically if they are online and enable progeCAD's "auto-update" feature.

Otherwise, progeCAD 2009 can be downloaded HERE.

Please let me know if you still have these problems after the free CAD software upgrade.

#628 by david williams
Tue May 19, 2009 9:09 am
If I download ProgeCAD 2009 will it overwrite 2008 and will I need to pay for it?
#630 by caddit
Wed May 20, 2009 5:44 am
Hi david williams,

progeCAD Pro installations are kept by default in separate directories by 1) year and 2) language. This means you can have both progeCAD Pro 2008 and progeCAD Pro 2009 separately installed and licensed on the same PC (or also English 2009 and German 2009 versions together, for example).

progeCAD 2008 users can upgrade at a substantial discount to the latest version of progeCAD Professional 2009 HERE:
http://www.caddit.net/store/index.php?m ... anguage=en

#631 by david williams
Wed May 20, 2009 6:11 am
In aprevious email it was stated that the upgrade for "Free" how do I download the free upgrade to rectify the problem I have with ProgeCAD 2008?
#632 by caddit
Wed May 20, 2009 3:56 pm
david williams,

Just out of curiosity, what are the names of ALL the printers you have configured on your progeCAD PC? Also, what kind of antivirus software are you running. It may be that something running in the background is causing the freeze. What kind of graphics card do you have?

Also, you might try to fix the hatching so that it is not so dense, there was a display error in 2009 about this from your test file - it's possible something in 2008 is bothered by it.

RE upgrade, we run lots of different promotions all the time. The email you speak of no doubt also mentions when that promotion was to be discontinued (at release of progeCAD 2009). It was not promised to be an ongoing policy, and it was only valid for new buyers during a small period of time.

Promotional pricing is never guaranteed to be ongoing and can change.

#633 by david williams
Thu May 21, 2009 4:16 am
the problem occurs even when I start a new drawing.
I don't mind paying for the 2009 upgrade as long as it fixes the problem.
The graphis card both PC is Nvidia and the antivirus is PC Tools.
#634 by caddit
Thu May 21, 2009 6:37 am
Hi david williams,

Quite a bit here, but we need it all. Go step by step. Can you still tell us:

1) what are the names of ALL the printers you have configured on your progeCAD PC?

2) Are you using XP SP2 or SP3?

3) What is the full current version of progeCAD you are using (help -> about progeCAD -> version 8.0.xx??)

4) After downloading and installing progeCAD 2009, does it have the same problem? I am just trying to see if the software itself may have something to do with it (although 2008 is no longer developed)

There are some things I would like you to try, but they are system wide changes so I can't guarantee it won't affect something else:
1) Stop antivirus, completely as in the process not running. Then see if this makes a difference when running progeCAD.

2) Turn off Windows effects as described HERE: http://www.caddit.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=390#390

3) If you want, you can try further optimisation in your Control Panel (as "administrator") to "Adjust for best PERFORMANCE" from the "Settings" button on the "Advanced" tab as below:

See if that makes a difference for you. Also it would be good to have the CPU usage graph up when progeCAD "freezes" to see what the process is doing at that time. Are you able to do that?

#637 by david williams
Fri May 22, 2009 5:56 am
The only printer I have access to on this PC is HP Photosmart C3100 series.
I am using XP Professional service pack 2
My ProgeCAD is 8.0.22.18
I disabled my anti virus software and adjusted my system properties settings to best performance and have tried the modify tool bar for several commands. IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING CORRECTLY.
I've also turned my PC Tools back on and it still seems OK.

I'll try it over the next few days and will let you know if the problem is solved.
Thank you very much in advance for your assistance.