progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#465 by smelrond
Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:02 pm
Hello
I have a samsung ML1610 printer (A4). If I try to print a rectangle 20x28 (wich is smaller than an A4 sheet 21x29) I only got top, left and bottom line printed if i scale 10:1 and top and left line only with scale to fit option.
As select print area, I am using windows and am picking the top left corner and the bottom right corner.
Is there a solution to this?
Thank you
Smelrond
#466 by caddit
Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:00 am
Hello smelrond,

First we should apologize for our delayed responses as we finalize our Australian support as a new Alibre 3D CAD reseller.

With your progeCAD printing problem, it sounds like you want to print to a smaller sheet than A4 using an A4 printer, and that progeCAD doesn't know what your actual sheet size is.

progeCAD gets the paper sheet size information from the operating system (XP or Vista) so your actual sheet size needs to be supported by your Windows print driver. Lovely Microsoft doesn't always offer an easy path for defining custom paper sizes for printer drivers I am afraid.

Although the correct way would be to choose an appropriate sheet size for the actual paper loaded in the printer (in the print setup), you could work around this by creating a border that matches what fits on the actual page (rather than using an A4 border) and force a certian print scale rather than "scale to fit" (because progeCAD will think that means fit to A4). Since you are using a custom sheet size that your printer doesn't officially support, you might have to tweak things a bit to get them to work right.