progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#451 by raycutting
Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:14 am
I'm a new user to ProgeCad 2009, having trouble copying and pasting between drawings. I can copy and paste within a drawing but not between different drawings. Can anyone help? :(
#452 by caddit
Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:31 am
Hi raycutting,

So far no one can reproduce your problem here. Need more info sorry...

Does this really happen with all drawings (including blank ones)?

If not, which drawing does the problem happen with? Is there a pattern with all the problem drawings if more than one seem affected (i.e. all have the same border, use the same AutoCAD DWG blocks, etc)

How are you "copying" and "pasting"? How do you select your entities? Does this happen in model space, layout or both?

Please send a sample file (also so we can see your environment) to:

Thanks.
#454 by raycutting
Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:24 am
Hi Caddit support
My usual method is to copy and paste using CtrlC and CtrlV. I've tried using the Edit menu, Copy and Paste on the toolbar, all without success.
I usually copy an entity from a drawing to the Clipboard, then close the donor drawing before I paste into the current drawing. I have found that if I leave the donor drawing file open, I can paste into the current drawing ok.
I have noticed however, that as I enter the paste command, the drawing screen goes black for a split second then the drawing opens ok with the pasted entity showing.
Another unusual thing that I've noticed is that every time I close ProgeCad at the end of a session, I get a Windows error message saying that the program has encountered a problem and must close.
Regards
Ray Cutting :?
#455 by caddit
Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:14 am
OK, we can absolutely repeat the bug you have reported. No one here ever thought to try closing the original donor drawing before pasting into the new one (IMO not a safe practice anyhow, but everyone works different).

The paste from closed drawing bug will be logged and fixed.

Not so sure about screen going black or "the program has encountered a problem and must close". What kind of antivirus are you running (just curious) - it would still be good for you to email us a suspect drawing or two so we can analyse your environment.

Do you have the latest version of progeCAD? 9.0.16.6
#457 by raycutting
Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:28 am
Hi Caddit support,

I've noticed that this screen blackout also occurs whenever I try to move an entity. I select the entity, click and drag with the left mouse button and as soon as it starts to move the screen blacks out for a split second.

I have hundreds of engineering workshop drawings that have been created over 20 years or so using DesignCad. Many of these will need to be modified from time to time, which means saving them as dwg files so that I can work on them in ProgeCad. It may be that there could be a problem with files that have been converted from the Design Cad format to dwg.

I do have the latest Progecad version 9.0.16.6

I will email separately 3 files, 2 of which were created from scratch in ProgeCad, and the other a modified dwg file.

Regards
Ray Cutting :?
#468 by caddit
Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:30 am
Hi raycutting,

Thanks for the files they were sent to the developer for analysis. The momentary screen "blackout" after pasting may well be a regen/refresh problem with your graphics, but it doesn't sound serious. What kind of card is this PC using?

It would be interesting however to know if you notice this blackout on more than one kind of machine and with more than one kind of graphics card.

I've noticed is that every time I close ProgeCad at the end of a session, I get a Windows error message saying that the program has encountered a problem and must close.

This bug has already been reported and verified. There will be a patch fix released for this...
#469 by raycutting
Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:55 pm
Hi Caddit support.

I don't think the problem is related to the graphics card (Nvidia Geforce 7950 GT with 512Mb memory). The same thing happens with another copy of ProgeCad on my laptop.
It's not a major problem however as I've got used to it.
No other issues to report at this stage, thanks for your help.

Regards
Ray Cutting :)