progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#387 by JFro
Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:58 pm
I am new to ProgeCAD (and AutoCAD), and have saved a DWG file from autoCAD to use with ProgeCAD at home. I have changed the progeCAD background display colour to white. The drawing of my house now consists of black blocks of color, and does not show the nice colour hatching I added to the walls/windows in AutoCAD to make everything clearer. How do I get ProgeCAD to display these colours? As I changed the background colour to white it makes sense for the drawing to go black I guess...but how do I make the proper colours I added in AutoCAD come back??
My hatching is also on a seperate layer.
________
GB500
Last edited by JFro on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
#389 by caddit
Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:07 am
Hi JFro,

Did I understand correctly that colour hatching is not working at all for you? Or is it just colour hatching defined in AutoCAD that progeCAD fails to pick up in the DWG file? What version of AutoCAD / AutoCAD LT was your file created in?

Hatch properties, including line weight and colour can be changed with the ENTPROP command.

If you continue to experience problems, we might need an example file to look at.

#392 by JFro
Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:04 pm
Thanks for the reply. The verison of autocad is the new one, with the new layout...can't look it up as it's in college. I can alter the colours of lines using ENTPROP but not the filled areas. I cannot seem to add new hatch to areas either...perhaps I'm missing something. But the Autocad hatching deff comes up as plain black in ProgeCAD.

I ended up taking 12 hours to download AutoCad Architecture, which along with the other AutoCad software and Sketchup slows my dual-core to snail speed!!

Perhaps I should try reinstalling ProgeCAD? It also has an error saying it cannot find the specified file path when I use it to load a dwg file from my documents...and also complains of not being able to access the internet.

Thanks for your help
________
Patrick Le Qu?ment
Last edited by JFro on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
#394 by caddit
Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:59 am
The "specified file path" probbaly referes to an externally referenced block or XREF file that it can't locate, because it isn't on your hard drive, has been moved or permissions have changed.

progeCAD tries to access the internet if you have "automatic updates from the internet" enabled. You can turn it off.

As to the other things, try to download progeCAD 2009, it is released now.