progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#348 by smelrond
Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:59 pm
Hello,
I bought progeCAD a couple of days ago, I used the trial and was happy with it. Since I am italian, I'd like to know if it is possible to change the language of the menu. I have already assigned aliases to the commands, but I'd like to change the menus as well.
Is it possible?
Thanks
Emiliano Della Bella
#350 by caddit
Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:51 pm
Each version of the software has the language hard-coded into the program binaries. Other language versions like Italian need to be downloaded and licensed separately.

The problem is the price. There is a big difference. The Italian full version is 510Euro, upgrade from English will cost about 330Euro if you really want to change.

You can edit the menus yourself, but they will still need to correspond to English commands in progeCAD. look for the .mnu files in your progeCAD installation directory.
#493 by smelrond
Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:17 am
caddit wrote:You can edit the menus yourself, but they will still need to correspond to English commands in progeCAD. look for the .mnu files in your progeCAD installation directory.

Hello,
since I have upgraded from 08 to 09, I tried the same trick (copy the Ourbase.mnu file) from the italian language to the english one, unfortunatly it seems its not working anymore...is there something else I might try?
Thanks
Emiliano Della Bella

#499 by smelrond
Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:11 pm
I manage to have it working.
Here is the drill:
Go to TOOLS...PERSONALIZE...MENU of the desire language progecad
select export menu and aliases
Go to TOOLS...PERSONALIZE...MENU of the one u want to modify
select import menu and aliases
done
have fun