progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#336 by wavard
Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:26 am
With ACAD LT 2009 I can display the print area in each layout tab.

Can I do this in ProgeCAD 2008. If not how do I determine the print area
so that I can layout the viewports?

Thanks in advance

Walter
#341 by caddit
Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:55 pm
Hi wavard,

A similar thread about this was asked here:
http://www.caddit.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=18

progeCAD offers users the options to create a new layout from a template. This is not the same as automatic display of the current printer's papersize setting, but it is enough in most cases to see a selected paper's print area.

To create a new layout from a template, right mouse button click on one of the current drawing paper space tabs and select "Layout from Template". A selection dialog will open as shown:

Browse in this box to your progeCAD/AutoCAD DWT border templates (these are default samples for most paper sizes and orientations found in C:\Program Files\progeSOFT\progeCAD 2008 Pro ENG\User Data Cache\templates ). A new layout will be created with a border approximating the print area for the selected paper size. Pick the template you want to use as a border. The correct border will print correctly on the corresponding paper size as long as the plot scale is correct (1=1).