progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#16 by mickyax
Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:22 pm
when using autocad I can use the LIST command to describe a polyline; start point , centre, to point etc. Progecad doesn't list a polyline in that form but will list (under the LIST command) the separate (exploded) lines and centre points but in an apparently random order. I print (from autocad) a set of points for use on a Heidenhain milling M/C and it comes out (with some editing) in the correct order. Is there a way of LISTing a polyline to give the same result as it would from Autocad??
#19 by caddit
Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:09 am
Hello mickyax,

May I ask what version you are using? I couldn't reproduce the problem from progeCAD Professional 8.0.14. The points seem to be listed in the order which they were created.
#24 by mickyax
Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:56 pm
I'm using demo version 8.0.12. I think whats giving me trouble is that I will mostly create a polyline by joining arcs and lines rather than drawing a polyline in the first place. When I do this in Autocad the description of the resultant polyline under the LIST command gives me the info I require in sequence ie one polyline section followed by another. Using the LIST command in Progecad does not give me enough info about the line. In order to extract the info I require I have to Explode the polyline and LIST the separate lines; this gives me sufficient info but the lines are not then in sequence, hope this is clearer.
#25 by caddit
Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:51 am
Hello,

I'm using demo version 8.0.12.

OK, first you should upgrade:
http://www.progecam.com/download/progec ... date_2.exe

I will mostly create a polyline by joining arcs and lines rather than drawing a polyline in the first place

You are referring to the pline->edit->join command. And you *are* creating at least one polyline by the pline command, because this edit cmd requires a polyline start with.

Using the LIST command in Progecad does not give me enough info about the line. In order to extract the info I require I have to Explode the polyline and LIST the separate lines; this gives me sufficient info but the lines are not then in sequence

Now I understand. Set plinetype = 0 and re-create your polylines. progeCAD 2008 uses "lwplines" by default, which gives you the "reduced" info.

HTH
Ben
Last edited by caddit on Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

#26 by progesoft
Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:03 am
This is a bug. LIST with LWPOLYLINE needs to show also center point because LWPOLYLINE are pline by default. LWPOLYLINE and POLYLINE are different entities.

This will be fixed in the next minor release (8.0.15).

Thanks for posting!

#28 by mickyax
Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:10 pm
Thanks to all, apologies though, I don't know the difference between lwplines and plines, got to know how to use autocad by tooling around until I get the results I need. A bit more knowledge on my part might help :? ; I've set plinetype =0, this looks much better- in terms of the the info provided but the program either closes or the cursor disappears from the screen shortly after exploding then applying the LIST command to the re-joined pline. Hopefully this will be cured by the new release. Grateful for all your advice thanks again!

#29 by mickyax
Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:14 pm
Can you tell me when this release is coming out; I only have 2 days of demo left and buying the program hinges on these matters being resoved. Being able to define a pline in the same way as autocad is crucial to me.
#47 by caddit
Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:39 am
Can you tell me when this release is coming out

Nobody, not even progeSOFT can say for sure ATM. We have seen the alpha test release and it looks promising. Customers can help speed up the next release by sending us example files immediately when they say they discover a bug.