progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#2379 by ferdiedr
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:22 am
Hi Caddit,

I posted this as a topic called 'breakline' , but got no response. I might be in the wrong place to report a bug in your software, if so, please advice how I can report a bug:

The ‘breakline’ > ‘extension’ option doesn’t seem to work. (It won’t extend the nominated distance beyond the lines)

I can drag the lines manually, but I use the breakline command a lot, so it can be a bit of a pain.
A bit of advice would be appreciated.
#2386 by caddit
Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:56 am
Hi ferdiedr,

Not sure how "a patch later this year most likely" became a "promise" to address the issue immediately in 18.0.4.14. Also, we don't have details here to confirm that a fix is merely "a bit of code", in LISP, etc. Our understanding is that the latest update was mainly to include the newly released compatibility with AutoCAD DWG 2018 file format.

In all likelihood, we will have several more updates to 2018 release this year. What we can say is that patches are issued based on numerous factors, including the level of interest shown by users as a whole group. With tens of thousands of users already at 2018, we are sure the development team is aware of the proper priority of each issue. As stated before, the ticket was verified so time has already been spent to log it into the system. With that we would expect, as before, "a patch later this year most likely". This isn't a promise, it's a rough assessment :)

Hope that clarifies.
#2387 by ferdiedr
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:53 am
Hi Caddit

Sorry if I sounded sarcastic in my last response, that certainly was not my intention.
It's just that I was looking forward to the fix and got a bit disappointed.
Since you explained it like this, I'll just be patient and bide my time. Meanwhile I'll just do it manually, no drama.
As for "the bit of code' comment, I apologize, as I used to be a programmer and there's no such thing as a simple bit of code...

Thanks for your reply