MATHCAD, Geomagic Freeform, Mecsoft VisualCAM & CAD CAM CNC software support discussion forum. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, evanish, Moderators

#416 by Jan Dirk de Heus
Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:31 am
Heeft iemand een volledige beschrijving hoe een kml file te maken van een poly lijn in een cad tekening die dan op de juiste coordinaat komt te liggen in Google earth.
De functie KML naar Google zit wel in het tekeprogramma maar ik kan de beschrijving niet vinden.
#418 by caddit
Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:12 am
Sorry, no one here speaks Dutch but I hope these pictures answer your question:

Export to Google Earth then select entities....

You can set the longitude latitude, also units etc in the next box...

There is actually a new video for progeCAD 2009 which includes a quick (I mean quick) demo using Google Earth export from progeCAD:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya7poF68X80&feature=channel_page

I hope that helps!
#420 by Jan Dirk de Heus
Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:37 pm
sorry i dit not know everyting is in english.
i understand that the google tool can be used to make a KML file foot google earth.
i have a number of poly lines that i want to bring to goolgle earth, but they have to be placed on the right spot. thees line are 10 to 50 kilometer long. so my question is: can i do this with the KML tool is one run.
the demo was helpful, but it dit not work yet.
I know there is a tool in Microstation V8 but then i have to bay the program for more then € 6.000,- just for the KML tool. so i hope you can help me with a compleet description.
#421 by caddit
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:21 am
Hi Jan Dirk de Heus,

I don't understand now the problem. Our previous post already shows how to "be placed on the right spot" in Google Earth. You just enter the degrees longitude and latitude as shown in the box for your selection to be placed. Y=North, X=East & Z="up". You must select the correct UNITS so that "10 to 50 kilometer long" lines will be proportioned correctly in Google Earth.